Saturday, November 14, 2009

Yucatan By Bicycle

It seems that every other day I see an accident involving a bike or motorcycle on the streets of Merida. On Sundays the biciruta goes right down my street and ends in Ermita Park. Here is a blog about cycling in the Yucatan with descriptions of routes to take and lots of tips. Sundays are a good day to cycle around Merida as there is only a fraction of the normal traffic in centro. UPDATE: The traffic has gotten so bad in central that I decided to get a bike. On winter weekends we often load the bikes in the back of a friends pickup and 2 or 3 or 4 of go off for the morning and come back in the afternoon. It's the best way to see the villages. I've also started riding in Centro as it's easier to get around and more pleasant. I assume I'd die on the bike & I hope it's instantaneous & in the meantime it makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this guys blog. He puts a lot of time into it! I like biking but I haven't tried a race yet... I will have to build up to it.

    I have a new Yucatan site-blog that I hope you will consider reviewing to see if it fits for your readers.

    Take a quick look:
    Yucatan-Life.com/yucatan-blog.html

    ReplyDelete